'FLU, SHINGLES & PNEUMOCOCCAL CLINICS NOW BOOKING . . . PLEASE PHONE FOR AN APPOINTMENT
For 2018, there are 3 types of flu vaccine:
- a live quadrivalent vaccine (which protects against 4 strains of flu), given as a nasal spray. This is for children and young people aged 2 to 17 years eligible for the flu vaccine
- a quadrivalent injected vaccine. This is for adults aged 18 and over but below the age of 65 who are at increased risk from flu because of a long-term health condition and for children 6 months and above in an eligible group who cannot receive the live vaccine
- an adjuvanted trivalent injected vaccine. This is for people aged 65 and over as it has been shown to be more effective in this age group
- The Practice has ordered supplies of all the different types of vaccine for the different groups in our population, and will be using an algorithm to ensure that the different groups in the population receive the correct vaccination for their age and health conditions in exact accordance with the guidance which has been issued by NHS England.
Here are two useful links:
WILL NOT OPEN
until 3pm on the following dates:
Wednesday 26 September
Wednesday 07 November
Wednesday 05 December
Please bear this in mind if you have prescriptions to collect
Please be aware if trying to contact the Surgery between 12.45hrs and 13.45hrs it is only the Emergency Line that is operational. Please do not use this line for general enquiries or to make appointments. You will be asked to call back at 13.45hrs.
EVENING AND WEEKEND APPOINTMENTS
AT GP ACCESS HUBS
Mid-Hampshire Healthcare, a GP Federation delivering multiple clinical services across the mid-Hampshire location, has implemented two new GP Access Hubs to give patients additional access to Primary Care Services on evenings and at weekends.
The GP Access Hubs will be located in Andover and Winchester and look to provide Pre-Bookable and Same Day appointments:
- 5pm to 8pm Monday to Friday
- 8am to 4pm Saturday (to 12pm Andover)
- 8am to 12pm Sunday
- Andover War Memorial Hospital, Andover, SP10 3LB (next door to MIU) (opened 2nd October 2017)
- Badger Farm Surgery, Winchester, SO22 4QB (next door to Sainsburys) (opened 5th October 2017)
You will be able to book these appointments either through our Reception Team, 111 or Out of Hours. It is GP-led supported by Nurse Practitioners and Healthcare Assistants. Routine appointments can be booked 2 weeks in advance. However, you can only be seen in a hub appointment if you agree to share your full electronic medical record with the Clinician. You will be asked for consent to share your record at the time of booking.
Any patient registered with Stockbridge Practice can book into the hub through our Reception Team.
For further information please go to:
Care Quality Commission
Stockbridge Surgery is delighted to inform its patients that we were visited by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) on 20 July 2017 and were awarded an overall 'Good' rating. A copy of their inspection report can be accessed on the CQC Website (please click the link to visit their site).
We're supporting the Get Hampshire Walking Campaign. We're spreading the word about the benefits of walking to help patients lead healthier and more active lives. Specifically we are supporting the Test Valley Health Walks which are free and provide an opportunity to explore what’s on the doorstep and to make new friends.
Test Valley Borough Council operate weekly walks, and there is one each Friday at 10.00am from Stockbridge Town Hall. The walks accommodate all abilities, each walk catering for faster and slower walkers and most walks between 2-3 miles. For more information you can visit:
Free 2K Winchester Park Run for Juniors:
Students' Medical Training
We are a Training Practice and part of a student's medical training will require them to be present during consultations. If you are not willing for our students to be present during your consultation could you please inform the Receptionist.
Convenience - Our On Line Facilities
As well as being able to see when we are open at the click of a mouse we’ve made it easier for you to do a number of things.
Check out the buttons below to order a repeat prescription or to cancel or request your appointment online.
To gain access to our online booking system you will need to visit the surgery for a new users pack and to provide 2 forms of identification.
(Site updated 19/09/2018)