Family Planning Services
We provide a full family planning service including:
- Provision of contraceptive methods, including the contraceptive pill
- Fitting of IUCDs and implants. Please note that fitting/removal of coils and implants requires a longer specific appointment with a doctor. Please advise the receptionist at the time of booking.
- Emergency contraception (Morning After pill or coil)
- Counselling and referral for termination of pregnancy
- Advice about sterilisation and referral if required
- Advice on safe sex
Appointments for general family planning advice are during regular surgery times.
If you wish to discuss or book to have a coil or an implant, there is a specific contraception clinic that Dr Walsh and Dr Pemberton run on Tuesday's and Friday's. This service is provided to all patients and is free of charge.
Before your appointment for a coil insertion or removal please read the useful information sheets below:
Below are some useful links regarding various women's health issues:
Contraception, STI's and termination of pregnancy: https://www.sexwise.org.uk/