Results Of Tests And Investigations
If you wish to know your test results you have two options:
1) Telephone for test results, preferably during the quieter part of the working day between 10.30am - 12.30pm and 2.30pm - 4.30pm
2) Online for access to your results at any time*. You can do this using Patient Online Access Services via the NHS App or, if you are already registered using Patient Access. (This may be of particular benefit for our patients who attend hospital clinics in Salisbury District Hospital)
*For either of these Online services you will need to complete a detailed medical access consent form prior to gaining access. You can download this form in the 'online services' section of the website or you can get a copy from reception*
Unfortunately due to GDPR regulations we are unable to email test results to private email addresses.
The approximate time intervals for standard tests are:
- Blood tests - 3-5 days
- Urine samples and other swabs - 3-5 days
- Stool Samples - 3-5 days
- X-rays and Ultrasound - 7-14 days (these are subject to the Hospital providing the report in a timely fashion)
- Cervical Smear test - national target is 2 weeks. The result is managed centrally by Hampshire and the Isle of Wight PPSA who will write to you directly. If the result has not been received after four weeks, please contact the surgery
The doctors will advise you if the interval is significantly different.
To maintain confidentiality, results will only be given to the patient who had the test or to parents if the patient is under 16. We may give results to a next of kin only if we have explicit written consent to discuss results with the next of kin.